At Elderberry Healthcare, the safety and health of our residents, patients, and staff is our top priority. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and are following guidance from the CDC, other local, state and federal health organizations to do our part to help lessen the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
To provide you with timely and relevant information, we are adding this web-based communications platform. This allows us to provide daily updates so that you have access to the most up-to-date key information on our efforts to protect our residents, patients and staff.
Admission Criteria – Even prior to COVID-19, we routinely prepare to minimize the transmission of various infections through policies, procedures, training and use of Personal Protective Equipment. Although routine admissions continue within our facility, rest assured we are following CMS and CDC guidelines and protocols regarding new admissions to provide care for our newly admitted residents while ensuring the safety of our existing residents and staff. In addition to our standard protocols, we have enhanced our admissions criteria during this time to include more in-depth screenings and have designated an area/environment within the facility for our new residents. We are committed to provide additional monitoring of new admissions to provide additional caution and safety for all residents and staff.
Our web-based update is below.
As of April 6, 2020,
- No residents are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are performing resident screenings daily including temperature checks.
- No staff members are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are performing staff screenings at the beginning of each shift including temperature checks.
- No outside Healthcare providers coming in to the facility to perform essential care functions are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are screening outside Healthcare providers before allowing entry including temperature checks.
- Strict visitation protocols remain in effect.
- No outside personal items including laundry. We are providing in-house laundry services for all patients and residents.
- Our supply levels remain sufficient to serve our residents at this point in time.
We know that it is difficult to be away from your loved one for an extended period of time. We encourage you to write letters, text, call, email, skype, facetime, email photos or use other electronic means to continue to communicate to your loved one. These small gestures have a tremendous impact on our residents and patients!
For the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), we encourage you to visit the following websites.
NC 2-1-1 is now available 24/7 as a resource for assistance related to COVID-19.
Dial 2-1-1 to get connected to resources in your community
- Madison County Health Department – Click Here
- NC Governor’s Office – Click Here
- White House’s 15 Days to Slow the Spread – Click Here
- NCHCFA COVID-19 Site – Click Here
- AHCA COVID-19 Site – Click Here
- CDC – Click Here.
- World Health Organization – Click Here
- NC Department of Health and Human Services – Click Here
- Medicare – Click Here